Saturday, February 2, 2013

Senior Spotlight:: Emily Passarelli

Q. How long have you been playing for the Warriors?I've been playing on the team since I was 11, but I've been doing the clinic for as long as I have been able to. Pretty much as long as the clinic has been around, I've been playing.


Q. How did you get interested in basketball?
It's kinda like a family thing. My older sister started playing, so my dad started the Warriors, and each Passarelli child has played since.


Q. How long have you been homeschooled?
All my life


Q. What's your favorite thing about being homeschooled?
Being able to do homework at my time schedule. Plus, since we don't get many breaks through the school year, I get my summer break a lot sooner than public/private schoolers.


Q. What do you like to do in your free time?
Spend time with my family, hang out with friends, take pictures, and shop. :)


Q. Where's your favorite place to eat out?
Chipotle


Q. What's your favorite movie?
I don't think I could name one. I like the Bourne movies, the Avengers, Ironman, Batman, Lord of the Rings, The Help, the list kinda goes on...


Q. What are your plans after highschool graduation?
I am planning on attending HCC to work towards a degree in early childhood development. In simpler words, I want to work with little kids :)


Q. What's your favorite musical artist/group?
I couldn't name one group, I like a lot of different songs from a lot of different people. But not country music...


Q. What game are you most looking forward to this season with the Warriors?
Senior Night. Two reasons--I plan on winning the game, and I can play for the first time in a month!


Q. What's your favorite memory on the Warriors?
 I don't have one favorite. There are far too many. On the court and off. My time on the Warriors has had some of the most meaningful, funny, and memorable memories I have.


Q. What's your favorite scripture verse?
It's kinda hard to choose just one, but a two I really like is John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." and Psalm 27:13-14, "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!"

1 comment: