Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Senior - John-William Rubeling



Q. How long have you been playing on the Warriors team?
Being that this is the first year for the high school boy's team, one year.

Q. How did you get interested in basketball?
I had been interested in learning the ropes of basketball for a while. I had played many times but lacked the understanding of the game. This team seemed to be a great way to be introduced to the game.

Q. How long have you been home schooled?
My entire life.
Q. What's your favorite thing about being homeschooled (other than getting to play on the Warriors, of course)?
There are many various pros and cons to homeschooling and it is hard to pick out one aspect I enjoy the most. The best thing about homeschooling is the ability to become closer to your family than the average person.

Q. What do you like to do in your free time?
My hobbies include drawing, sports, reading, sleeping, video games, collecting various objects, boy scouts, watching TV when there's nothing better to do, doing things with family, study art, and staring blankly into space.

Q. Where's your favorite place to eat out?
I truly have no preferences what so ever when it comes to eating out. The fact that we are eating out is a rare and joyous occasion in my family. However, I am a big fan of trying exotic foods, so strange is a plus.

Q. What's your favorite movie?
I enjoy many movies but I view most of them on the same plain of enjoyment. I truly do not have a favorite movie.

Q. What are your plans after high school graduation?
I will be going to FCC and plan to go into the study of art there. After that one will find a blank spot on the graph paper known as my mind.

Q. Would you rather drink coffee or tea?
Coffee is the beverage that makes the world go round and I must pay my respects to it.

Q. Who's your favorite musical artist/group?
I have a very random collection of music and don't really side to one artist or another. I hear something and I either like it or I don't, that's how it works.

Q. What game are you most looking forward to this season with the Warriors?
I haven't looked at the our team's schedule at all this year, so I can't say I'm looking forward to any games. My philosophy is to take the season each game at a time, enjoying them all equally, that way it's fair. That is until we win a game then I'll forget about all the other games...

Q. What's your favorite book?
I enjoy to read many books, from kiddy books to the books that are so large they get their own shelf. However, seeing that the Bible is a book, and that it is the most important book in the history of the world, I'm gonna have to say the Bible. Inside this Book we find stories that literally never get old, being discovered by someone new everyday.

Q. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
The U.S. has probably the best life-living deal to be found, but as a second choice I would have to say either Italy or Japan. The main reason being that I have always wanted to learn the languages of these nations, which in my opinion are the most entertaining languages.

Q. What college team do you cheer for?
Even though I live in Maryland, most of my favorite sports teams reside in the topical state of Florida. The college teams that I have liked ever since I can remember are the Florida Gators and the Miami Hurricanes.

Q. What's your favorite scripture verse?
1 Peter 1:6-7 "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

No comments:

Post a Comment